Tuesday 20 August 2013

My First Chi Chi Products!

 

Chi Chi Cosmetics is an Australian company established in 1997. The creators George Lambropoulos and Frank Nassiokas use the colours of Australia to create their cosmetics palettes. They were inspired by the earthy tones of the Australia outback... the beautiful blues and pinks of Sydney Harbour... the luscious greens of Melbourne's gardens... the tropical colours of the Great Barrier Reef and the golden sands that Australia.

When I first saw a Chi Chi display in Target I dismissed it as cheap brand for the beginners to makeup, such as you middle school age group. However I then saw they had a display in Myer, a well respected department store that only stocks the best (such as Revlon, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden etc.) Because of this I thought I would do some research on their products. I came across a YouTube video by Lauren Curtis (formerly LaurenBeautyy). She uploaded her makeup collection and within it, she had numerous Chi Chi lipsticks. Lauren said she really enjoyed the range of lipsticks put out by Chi Chi. Convinced that these products were actually worthwhile purchasing and of good quality, I decided to pick up a few items at Target recently.I purchased their BB cream, a nail polish, lipstick and a eye-shadow palette.

Super BB Cream with Caviar Extract and Collguard


Chi Chi's Super BB Cream with Caviar Extract and Collguard promotes collagen synthesis. The formula is ultra moisturising, containing more than 14 Essential Skin Conditioning ingredients which Chi Chi guarantees will leave your skin looking radiant with a natural, healthy looking glow. The BB cream also contains the powerful active ingredient Collguard (anti-wrinkle Collagen) and Caviar Extract (highly antioxidant, super moisturising and soothing) enriches your skin with a wealth of vitamins and minerals to reduce the signs of ageing as well as Botanical Actives and Hyaluronic Acid microspheres for plumping and optimal looking skin.

BB creams are a two in one product - "make-up meets skincare". Chi Chi's Super BB cream is a tinted cream formula with SPF 30 so it may be worn as a "light foundation with benefits" or as a primer to help conceal blemishes, uneven colouring, fine lines, scarring and other imperfections. It allows your skin to breathe, but has a buildable coverage that will not cake on your skin.

I have tried this BB on my skin a few times, and I must say I am quite impressed. I have tried other BB creams and I was not completely satisfied with their finish and lasting ability. However, Chi Chi's Super BB Cream has become one of my favourite everyday skincare products. It applies easily and evenly onto the skin. The colour is almost a perfect match for my skin which is always good, right? I did notice that the finish is quite dewy, and thus I do recommend that you use a finishing powder such as a translucent powder just to get reduce the shine factor produced. Overall a really great product!

Where to Buy:


Glamorous Bases Eye-shadow Palette


Chi Chi's Glamorous Eyes - Eye-shadow Collection in the Bases palette is a collection of velvety soft, highly pigmented eye shadows. The shadows are easy to blend and can be worn sheer or dramatic, wet or dry.The palette contains 12 different eye-shadow colours that can be used in different combinations to create natural eye looks. The colours range from creams, to pinks to browns and bronzes. In addition to this the palette contains both matte and shimmer shades. To be exact there are two matte shades and ten shimmer shades. The packaging is simple and allows you to see exactly what colours are in the palette without any effort. I have not tried this product yet, so stay posted to find out what it is like!

Where to Buy:
  • Chi Chi Cosmetics Website - Retails for $22.95
  • Target Online or Instore - Retails for $22.95 (SALE ON NOW! ONLY $17.21)
  • Myer Instore - Retails for $22.95

Viva La Diva Cream Lipstick - Super Hottie


Chi Chi's Viva La Diva Cream Lipstick's are dramatic, richly coloured and have a matte finish. They are super saturated, ultra pigmented lipsticks that glide on effortlessly leaving a velvety smooth, long wearing and hydrated finish. The lipsticks are enriched with Beeswax, Calendula, Vitamin E, Evening Primrose and Jojoba Oils which means they are non drying and moisturising. I chose the colour "Super Hottie"which is what I would described as a peachy-coral which leans more to the orange side. It is a bold and beautiful colour, that I would probably only wear only special occasions because it is an out-there colour. I can not wait to wear this lipstick out and see other double take, and ask "what is she wearing?"

I have a feeling that the colour may have been discontinued because it is not featured on their website but I did purchase mine in-store at Target.

Where to Buy:
  • Chi Chi Cosmetics Website - Retails for $18.95
  • Target Online or Instore - Retails for $18.95 
  • Myer Instore - Retails for $18.95

Salon Formula Nail Polish - Heart Breaker


Chi Chi's Salon Formula Nail Polish's are where the brand had its beginning. The nail polishes are super long lasting, chip resistant and quick drying. Chi Chi has always delivered polishes that are three dimensional; the right colour in the right texture at the right time to compliment  any fabric or outfit anybody may be wearing.For a high intensity colour with a flawless it is recommended that two coats are applied with Chi Chi's Salon Formula Top and Base Coats. I chose again another peachy, coral colour. Chi Chi's nail polish in "Heart Breaker" is three dimensional, has a glittery finish. I obviously haven't tried this polish yet as I attend a strict Catholic High School that does not allow any cosmetics to be worn. 

I have a feeling that the colour may have been discontinued because it is not featured on their website but I did purchase mine in-store at Target.

Where to Buy:
  • Chi Chi Cosmetics Website - Retails for $12.95
  • Target Online or Instore - Retails for $12.95 
  • Myer Instore - Retails for $12.95

So guys stay tuned for more in depth reviews once I try all these products!

No comments:

Post a Comment