Friday 29 November 2013

Festive Fever | Nail Art Idea


The Christmas Season is upon us and what better way to get into the festive mood than to paint your nails. I recently drew inspiration from a YouTube video "Easy Chevron Nails" by cutepolish and created this quick and easy nail art idea. 
  1. Apply a quick drying base coat to protect your natural nails. I used Chi Chi Salon Formula Calcium Base Coast.
  2. Paint your nails in two coats of a white nail polish. I used Maybelline Colour Show 'Porcelain Party (380)'.
  3. Using Sticky Tape paint approximately 2cm strips of nail polish on the non adhesive side. If the colour is sheer more than 1 coat may be needed. I used Revlon 'Metallic (860)', Revlon Top Speed 'Gold Rush', and Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish 'Cranberry Zest (066)'.
  4. Cut small strips of each colour and place on the nails as desired.
  5. Apply a top coast. I used Chi Chi Salon Formula Top Coat.
  6. Repeat on each nail.
So obviously you can use whatever nail polishes you want. I have attached the original YouTube video below.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment