Wednesday 20 November 2013

Lasting Lips | Rimmel London


Gotta love lip products right? I know I have a little bit of a soft spot for lipsticks and it is no wonder when brands put out such great products and colours. Obviously in this post I am talking about Rimmel London's Lasting Finish by Kate Moss range. From the picture you can see I own quite a few and I do love them all. Rimmel have put out two different finishes within this range; the regular gloss finish and the matte finish.


 I was a bit apprehensive about the matte formula because it is so hard to find a good drugstore (cheaper) matte that doesn't dry the lips too much. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. The matte lipsticks glided onto the lips, much like the regular formula, and only have a slight drying effect - which is to be expected. The colour range is amazing they have anything from nudes to deep reds and even some more flashier colours. 

This post wouldn't be complete without me commenting on the colour payoff. Well let me just say these lipsticks are really pigmented and are opaque especially the reds. If you were looking for a more sheer look, layer a colourless lip balm underneath.

       
            07 - is a dark nude that I would describe to be slightly brown/mauve. 
            05 - is my favourite pink colour and is very wearable.
            12 - is hard to describe but is an orangey red.
            10 - is a vibrant red that has a slightly pink tone.

            111 - is basically the same colour as 10 but with a matte finish.
            103 - is a nude pink with a matte finish.

These lipsticks as the name suggests are long wearing and can be worn throughout meals without needing a touch up. I did notice that the matte tended to last slightly longer than the gloss. The formula of the two different finishes are quite similar ignoring the fact that one is gloss and the other is matte, however they do have different scents. The matte smells really sweet like candy whilst the other smells more fruity. But in case you were wondering the scent doesn't last like the colour.

I really enjoy these lipsticks and will definitely keep a look out for more colours that I like. I have seen them for sale at Priceline, Coles/Woolworths well just about everywhere in Australia. However the colour range offered does differ where you go. On average these lipsticks retail for around $12 (like I said really affordable). Keep a look out for sales and you could grab these for a bargain.

Until next time....

    

No comments:

Post a Comment